California State Board of Guide Dogs for the Blind
Public Meeting Notice and Agenda
Monday, April 17, 2017
1:00 p.m. – Completion of Business
One or more Special Committee Members will participate in this meeting at the teleconference sites listed below. Each teleconference location is accessible to the public and the public will be given an opportunity to address the Committee at each teleconference location. The public teleconference sites for this meeting are as follows:
Department of Consumer Affairs – San Francisco Room
1625 N. Market Blvd N-318
Sacramento, CA 95834
6043 Ralston Ave
Richmond, CA 94805
Important Notices to the Public
All times indicated are approximate and subject to change. Agenda items may be discussed and action taken out of order at the discretion of the Board. The meeting may be cancelled without notice. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 574-7825 or access the Board’s website at http://guidedogboard.ca.gov/
The Board intends to provide a teleconference access to this meeting. The teleconference can be accessed by calling (866) 692-3158 and using Participant Code 99686782. Teleconference availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties. The meeting will continue even if the public teleconference is unavailable. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at a physical location.
- Call to order and President’s welcome
- Roll call and Establishment of a quorum
- Approval of the February 13, 2017 meeting minutes
- Acceptance of the March 29, 2017 and March 30, 2017 Arbitration Special Committee meeting minutes
- Executive Officer’s update
a. Sunset Review Process Update
b. Budget Update
c. Legislative Update
- Practice Task Force update from March 21, 2017 meeting
a. Recommended changes to ownership laws
b. Request for clarification regarding suggested changes to the arbitration process
- Discussion and possible action regarding AB 1569 (Caballero) regarding amendments to provision of the Unruh Civil Rights Act (Gov. Code § 54.1) and reasonable accommodations regarding animals in housing.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the effectiveness of holding Board meetings telephonically.
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
(Note: No discussion may be had and no action taken on any item not on the agenda except for a Member to request the item be placed upon a future agenda)
- Agenda Items and Meeting Dates for Future Board Meetings
Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. Agenda items may be taken out of order. Meetings of the Board of Guide Dogs for the Blind are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Brian Skewis at (916) 574-7825 or by e-mail at Brian.Skewis@dca.ca.gov or send a request to 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite N-112, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days before the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation. Please be advised that while the Board makes every effort to make meetings accessible by telephone, it is limited by technical capabilities and technical difficulties cannot always be prevented. The best way to ensure participation in a meeting is to attend in person.